You are invited to contribute to The Local Marketer blog! Write a guest blog post and we’ll feature your brand in an author profile and promote your post on our marketing channels.
- Provide value to our audience
- Build your brand and authority online
- Get referral traffic to your website and social networks
To get started read below and submit your application.
What Should You Expect?
We get a lot of pitches and we don’t accept all of them. That said, we encourage you to apply to write for us content that targets keywords that you are an expert on. If we already have published content for the topic or keyword you pitch—or it’s not content we want to publish—we might ask you to write another piece.
Please be open to writing content targeting keywords that we want to rank for. This is to your benefit too, ensuring your content will reach more of our target audience. We also like to review outlines before writing.
Our Editorial Guidelines
The content you provide needs to meet our standards of quality:
- Relevance. Your topic must be relevant and targeted toward our audience. Strive to write a great piece on your topic that adds value for the reader.
- Research. Please do your homework. Provide links to trustworthy sources with recent data and statistics to back up your claims.
- Keyword. Your keyword theme should align with the search intent of the reader and support your topic.
- Comprehensive. Go deeper not wider. Leave out unnecessary information that doesn’t add value. A reader should find an answer quickly, and then fully understand your topic as they continue to read.
Our Formatting Guidelines
We don’t require you to follow strict stying guide. However, we have a few basic guidelines we ask you to follow to make your post easy to read:
- Write your piece with a Word Processor like Microsoft Word, Google Docs, or Apple Pages. They will catch most spelling errors, and we can edit the document if needed.
- Include all images in a ZIP folder. If you provide any graphics, please use file formats like .PNG, .JPG, or .GIF.
- Only provide content (text, images, etc.) you are comfortable seeing redesigned to fit our style and brand. We often redesign images included in guest content in order to maintain a consistent visual identity. If you’re uncomfortable with this, let us know and we’ll see what we can work out.
Follow best practices for blog and web writing. Use concise sentences and brief paragraphs. Content can be anywhere from 500 to 5000 words long. However, before you submit your content, make sure it addresses the goal of the post.
How Can I Apply to Write?
Please complete the application below to get started!